- 04/15/2014 The Laster SeeThru showed on BFM TV 'Geek Culture' Antoine Morel introduces Laster SeeThru in the program 'Culture Geek' on April 15, BFM TV
- 04/15/2014 Zile Liu, CEO of LASTER Technologies, interviewed on the TV show 'Good Morning Business' on BFM TV On April 15th, our CEO, Zile Liu, was a guest on Good Morning Business TV show on BFM TV hosted by Stéphane Soumier to introduce the Laster SeeThru, the first wireless genuine augmented reality (AR) eyewear.
- 04/04/2014 Prize for the Best Innovation Product @ SITL 2014 The professional AR smartglasses solution for warehouses developed by Laster for Generix received the award of the Best International Logistics Innovation at SITL International Exhibition.
- 03/20/2014 Laster AR Glass presented at the 8th instance of ONFI' Laster AR Glass has been selected by the French Ministry of Industry, to be presented at the 8th instance of 'Objets de la Nouvelle France Industrielle' (ONFI) – the French conference displaying innovations of national industry – which took place on March 11th 2014 in Paris, in the presence of the French Minister of Industry, Mr Arnaud Montebourg and the Minister of Digital Economy, Mrs Fleur Pellerin.
- 03/19/2014 Laster at Laval Virtual 2014 Laster will take part of the International Meetings of Virtual and Augmented Reality Technologies from April, 9th to 13th 2014 in Laval.
- 03/10/2014 The Laster SeeThru VS The Google Glass The American blog Tecchive compares the Laster SeeThru performances to the Google Glass ones, backed up by a video.
The Google Glass virtual display is only visible in a prism placed at the right corner of the visual field. Due to this, Google Glass can not offer augmented reality applications. Contrary to Google Glass, the Laster SeeThru allows a virtual display directly in the natural field of vision – with a FOV three times larger – and provides true augmented reality experiences.
- 03/09/2014 Congrats to our new PhD ! Benoît Froissard has just got the PhD thesis he has been preparing for 3 years in Laster as part of the CIFRE convention. His research are related to visually impaired people assistance thanks to an adaptive image processing. Benoit takes part of Laster R&D in optics, vision physiology and applications to assist visually impaired people.
- 02/26/2014 'Laster at the International Week of Transport and Logistics (SITL) Laster will present its innovative solutions in Logistics in association with its partners ZETES and GENERIX. The International Week of Transport and Logistics (SITL) will take place in Paris Nord Villepinte from April 1st to 4th 2014. A demo of the Laster AR Eyewear in connection with Logistics will be presented.
Presentation of the first application of connected goggle in a warehouse
Press release : http://hugin.info/143425/R/1771002/602870.pdf
- 02/25/2014 'Laster SeeThru Kickstarter Happy Hour in San Francisco Laster organized the Laster SeeThru Kickstarter Happy Hour on last February 21st at the 111 Minna Gallery in San Francisco. During this event, 3 local artists have personalized the Laster SeeThru.
Confidentiality and wearable technology
Zile Liu, Chairman of Laster Technologies tackles the right to privacy issue that is rising up with emerging wearable technologies.
- 01/22/2014 Laster partner Airbus aircraft Laster and Airbus Helicopters signed a partnership agreement for the development of the next generation of augmented reality eyewear dedicated to aeronautical applications.
- 01/19/2014 Laster partner of the U.S. startup Atheer Laster is a partner of the U.S. startup Atheer for the provision of integrated optical modules. Optical solutions developed by LASTER are implemented in the latest, recently sold, model of augmented reality glasses named Atheer One
LASTER SeeThru: The First Genuine Augmented Reality Wireless Eyewear Launches on Kickstarter
Designed to Ensure Wearable Privacy and Superior Quality at an Affordable Price
- 01/03/2014 Best wishes for the new year from Laster Technologies team !
- 12/20/2013 The Laster SeeThru will be available very soon in January via our Kickstarter project The Laster SeeThru will be the the first wireless augmented reality glasses to be available on the consumer market.
Visit our web site on January 15th 2014 !
- 12/12/2013 Our Laster Technologies Youtube Channel shows always more videos, demos and TV coverages on our solutions Enjoy !
- 12/11/2013 The Laster SeeThru was presented on France2 TV News at prime time ! It was Dec 10th, on France2 TV channel News at 8pm, on the occasion of a TV coverage of LeWeb’13 Paris.
- 12/02/2013 Laster Technologies to partner with France Television at LeWeb’13. Laster Technologies will be presenting on France Television booth at LeWeb’13 exibition and conferences dedicated to “The Next 10 Years” of internet and technologies. Innovative solutions developed by Laster Technologies has caught the attention of the media group as being extremely promising and showing many possibilities. Laster will be presenting notably an augmented reality app revealing augmented editorial contents for a TV mag, using her last AR glasses product EPW. Laster will also present the soon to start Laster SeeThru sale campaign.
Press release :
LeWeb’13 will take place in Plane Saint Denis, at Espace Pullman, from Dec 10th to 12th.
- 11/20/2013 The Laster See Thru wireless glasses will be launched on the market in January Laster SeeThru is the name of your wireless eye wear for smartphone. It will be available for pre-order on the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter from January 2014. The exact date will be communicated on our web site soon.
- 11/12/2013 TV show Des Inventions et des Hommes on TF1 : Augmented Reality Glasses TV coverage on Laster Technologies augmented reality glasses on TF1 in TV show Des Inventions Et Des Hommes, broadcasted on Nov 11th 2013.
- 11/04/2013 Microsoft to present Laster glasses in her show room Microsoft set up demos based on Laster’s augmented reality solutions in her show room at Microsoft French HQ in Issy les Moulineaux.
- 10/28/2013 The project “Gestial Glass” to be selected for “Futur en Seine 2014” Laster has been selected and will benefit from Capt Digital’s and Region Ile de France’s support for “Gestual Glass” project to be presented in June 2014 at “Futur en Seine”, an innovation festival. This project is about developing a new prototype of augmented reality glasses including, this time, a gesture interface for communication and it will be a binocular version. The project is developed in aprtnership with the innovative company Ayolte, specialized in computer vision and in gesture recognition systems.
- 10/16/2013 Laster reinforce her teams with two new engineers specialized in optics These two new hires will enable the development of new solutions to speed up. Constantly growing since her creation, Laster Technologies has been doubling her headcounts every year.
- 09/24/2013 SNCF - French rail network - counts on Laster solutions SNCF just joined Laster’s network of partners in order to develop augmented reality solutions for maintenance of their railway cars as well as for sales support applications.
- 09/10/2013 Laster Technologies set up a new subsidiary in US, located in Sunnyvale, CA in order to sell and deploy their solutions on US market.
- 06/25/2013 Laster SeeThru introduction at Futur en Seine 2013 In june, during Futur en Seine 2013, Laster will introduce its new wireless glasses : the Laster SeeThru. Several applications wil be demonstrated during this exhibition (telephony, weather, alerts, entertainment and educational applications). From June 13 to 17 at the Innovation Village located in the CentQuatre space (5, rue Curial / 104, rue d’Aubervilliers, 75019 Paris).
Movie : glasses and goggles augmented reality
- 06/02/2013 Laster SeeThru introduction at Futur en Seine 2013 In june, during Futur en Seine 2013, Laster will introduce its new wireless glasses : the Laster SeeThru. Several applications wil be demonstrated during this exhibition (telephony, weather, alerts, entertainment and educational applications). From June 13 to 17 at the Innovation Village located in the CentQuatre space (5, rue Curial / 104, rue d’Aubervilliers, 75019 Paris).
- 05/15/2013 Laster SeeThru introduction at Futur en Seine 2013 In june, during Futur en Seine 2013, Laster will introduce its new wireless glasses : the Laster SeeThru. Several applications wil be demonstrated during this exhibition (telephony, weather, alerts, entertainment and educational applications). From June 13 to 17 at the Innovation Village located in the CentQuatre space (5, rue Curial / 104, rue d’Aubervilliers, 75019 Paris).
- 05/02/2013 LVideo: augmented reality through Laster glasses A new video is available on our Youtube channel demonstrating the real visual perception of an user through the new Laster Laster SeeThru.
- 05/01/2013 Televisual report Laster on M6 channel Interview of Zile Liu, Laster Technologies ceo, who introducted our new product : the Laster SeeThru. This tv report has been broadcasted on M6 channel.
- 04/10/2013 Laster at Augmented World Expo 2013 Laster Technologies will introduce its latest innovations and products in the International Exhibition AWE 2013 (Augmented World Expo). From 4th to 5th June in Santa Clara, California, USA.
- 04/08/2013 Laster at 'Nancy renaissance - Moments of invention' The city of Nancy (France) organizes a major event 'Nancy renaissance'. In particular, the international festival 'Moments of invention' will invite us to imagine our way of life in the future. Our products will be presented in the exhibition place. From June 3th to 7th, 2013.
- 03/11/2013 Laster launch the Laster SeeThru, a new see-through wireless glasses for consumer market Laster is working on a new model of wireless glasses for augmented reality connected with smartphones. The glasses will be launched beginning of September 2013.
- 03/03/2013 Laster partner Laval Virtual 2013 As each year, Laster will be present at Laval for the 'International Meeting on virtual reality and converging technologies' to present his latest innovations. From 20th to 24th March 2013.
- 01/23/2013 Specific optical augmented reality module dedicated for a ski mask Laster develops for a major sports activities, an optical module to provide augmented reality applications on ski goggles.
- 07/30/2012 Laster selected for 'Futur en Seine' 2013 Laster was selected following a bid tender named 'Futur en Seine 2013'. This will present innovations for futures usage in town. Laster will provide in exclusivity new type of Wireless goggle connected on smartphone. From 13th to 17th June 2013.
- 06/11/2012 Helmet pilot for Helicopter application Laster won a hugge contract for the development for a optical device supported on helmet pilot helicopter.
- 06/04/2012 Laster develop a new optical system dedicated for defense security Laster is committed on a new contract for the development of an augmented reality head-up display (HUD) for defense security applications.
- 05/23/2012 Laster at Siggraph 2012 Laster Technologies will be exhibiting at SIGGRAPH 2011 International, in the French pavilion of Cap Digital. It runs from August 5 to 9 in Los Angeles
- 05/22/2012 Laster in international exhibition Eurosatory Laster will be present from 11 to 15 June in Eurosatory international exhibition dedicated to land defense and security.
Eurosatory (Parc des Expositions of Paris Nord Villepinte, hall 5 N 45)
- 05/20/2012 D'Fusion Tutorial Laster is working on a tutorial to help computer programmers to develop augmented reality applications compatible with its optical systems and D'Fusion software (marketed by Total Immersion). This tutorial will be delivered with a sample project that illustrates parameters and methods exposed in the tutorial. The tutorial will be available in June.
- 05/09/2012 Laster partner of CEA meetings ISMAR 2012 Laster's augmented reality mask will be presented on the stand of the CEA during international meetings ISMAR 2012 (dedicated to augmented reality), which takes place from 5 to 8 November in Atlanta, USA.
- 04/28/2012 TV report on LCI about Laster A report on technology Laster is broadcast on the news channel LCI, show 'Plein écran' from 28 April 2012. 'Plein écran' is a weekly magazine run by Cedric Ingrand on the digital revolution that 'dissects the major current issues, present the objects of the future and new uses that will change our lives tomorrow'.
- 04/27/2012 Laster is expanding its international distribution network Two new partners have joined the distribution network of Laster: Engineering Systems Technologies for the marketing of our solutions in Germany (http://www.est-kl.com), and the company Bienetec (http://www.bienetec.es) located in Spain, Portugal and Mexico and soon in Latin America (Chile, Colombia and Argentina).
- 03/21/2012 Laster at Laval Virtual 2012 Laster will be at Laval Virtual International from March 28 to April 2. Our latest innovations will be introduced, including an innovative 3D tracking solution developed with CEA. This technology allows to detect and track objects in three dimensions, in real time. It is especially promising for applications that require 3D tracking of complex objects under various viewpoints (industrial maintenance for example). We will also introduce the 'AR-Desk' application, a prototype desk of the future. A first version of the “AR Desk”, adapted to architecture, will be introduced exclusively. It allows to display and interact with 2D/3D contents of the architect projects, in augmented reality. The user can also watch multimedia documents through virtual billboards.
Laval Virtual Exhibition: http://www.laval-virtual.org
The AR-Desk, the desk of the future
- 01/25/2012 Creation of a joint venture with a Chinese company Creation of a joint venture with Bluester Technology located in Shanghai area. This partnership will ease distribution of Laster products on Chinese territory, and will allow to co-produce customized solutions tailored to the Asian market.
- 12/06/2011 Presentation of innovations Laster meetings Cap Digital Laster extends its network of international distributors. Our solutions are now distributed in United States via our new partner 3D California.
- 11/08/2011 Laster at conference DSCC 2011 Laster is a partner of DSCC 2011 conference being held in Las Vegas on 'Innovation in life' and dedicated to the 3D virtual worlds and augmented reality (Dassault Systems Customer Conference - November 8-10).
New distributor in United States
Laster extends its network of international distributors. Our solutions are now distributed in United States via our new partner 3D California.
09/01/2011 LASTER Technologies, winner of 'PM'up' contest organized by the Region Ile de France The PM'up contest aims to support the development of innovative SMEs, job-creating, exporting and working for sustainable development. LASTER will be supported by the Region Ile de France, especially in terms of international development, investment and recruitment, thanks to the mobilization of recognized experts who will support the company development for the next three years.
First real augmented reality goggles with informative transparent glass
Laster introduces to the market the first real augmented reality goggles for profesionnal skiers and for professionals in industry who need a protective visor and hands-free informations with augmented reality applications. The LASTER MG1 easily displays additional information such as location data, contextual information, documentation, vidéos, 3D CAD objects, sensors data, in augmented reality on the natural field of vision of the user, like fighter pilots (altitude, speed, maps, visual alarms, hazardous areas, etc. ..). --
Movie : glasses and goggles augmented reality
The Chairman of the Ile de France Region is testing our AR goggles !
At the opening of the Village of Innovations in the 'Future en Seine 2011' festival, our booth was visited by Ms. Martine Aubry, Secretary of French Social Party (PS), and Mr. Jean-Paul Huchon, Chairman of Ile de France Region, which tested our augmented reality goggles.
Laster Technologies at the Innovation Village of 'Futur en Seine' International Festival
Laster Technologies has been selected to represent the 'Emerging Technologies in Daily Life' at the 'Futur en Seine' International Festival, the great innovation exhibition of Paris, which present the future of 'Life and digital creation'.
From June 23 to 26, Laster Technologies will exhibit at the Innovation Village located at the 'CentQuatre' (adress : 5, rue Curial / 104 rue d'Aubervilliers, 75019 Paris, métro Riquet, Crimée, Stalingrad).
'Futur en Seine' : http://www.futur-en-seine.fr
Interview : new products Laster
Interview with Thierry Penet, our Sales Director, who presents Laster’s latest products exposed to recent International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies at Laval, France (Interview conducted by Gregory Maubon co-founder of the blog « augmented-reality.fr » and the « Association de promotion de la réalité augmentée»).
Source : http://www.augmented-reality.fr/2011/05/laval-2011-interview-of-last-technologies
New premises, Laster is growing !
Laster Labs moved and settled in Les Ulis (Essonne, France) in new premises on 300 m2. The staff have been multiplied by 2 this past year. The new facility will allow us to expand and develop our development lab, to increase our production capacity, to welcome our new colleagues and receive our customers and partners in a showroom dedicated to Augmented Reality applications. Our new address : 7 avenue de l'Atlantique, ZA de Courtaboeuf, Building A, 2nd Floor, 91940 Les Ulis France.
New distributor in South Korea
Laster extends its network of international distributors. Our solutions are now distributed in South Korea via our new partner ITS Corporation.
- 04/10/2011 'Forget the standard screen, wear Laster glasses!‘ Two new articles were dedicated to the very promising potential of Laster augmented reality glasses. Read the daily newspaper Ouest-France especially the article about the13th International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies, and take a look on the online journal 'L’Atelier'.
Laster exhibits at the International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies 2011
Laster will be present at the International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies at Laval, France, from April 6th to 10th, 2011 (stand C8). New products will be presented exclusively as the latest model of the Pro Mobile Display, the prototype of SmartVision (binocular version), and the first ski mask with enhanced vision. Demonstrations of solutions for maintenance will also be presented. Laster will also present 'AR Tale', the first optical see through' Augmented Reality game developed in partnership with a team of students from the 'Ecole Supérieure de Création Interactive Numérique' (ESCIN).
- 02/14/2011 Laster prizewinner by IEEE Spectrum for the price of 'the most promising technology 2011' LASTER’s optical technology was nominated by the IEEE Spectrum magazine among the top five technological innovations in the world. IEEE Spectrum magazine is a publication of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), the largest technology trade association in the world. It brings together more than 400,000 members in 160 countries, organizes and co-host 1200 conferences per year, or, publishes nearly a third of the worldwide technical literature in electrical engineering, computers and electronics.
INITION distributes Laster's solutions
Laster Technologies has signed a distribution agreement with INITION. Based in London, INITION is the reference for content production, expertise and distribution of 3D hardware. INITION includes in his portfolio advanced technology of 3D and Augmented Reality. The London firm is working with all Majors in media, technology and industry (BBC, Microsoft, Philips,...). The Pro Mobile Display is already integrated the INITION 's catalog. Laster welcomes the agreement that expands its partners network on the European market and opens new synergies.
Pro Mobile Display (Inition's Catalog)
New edition of Laster's newsletter : 'NewsLaster'
Laster Technologies published a new edition of its newsletter devoted to augmented reality. The newsletter included an article on AR interfaces technologies, new applications, events, and recent news. To receive it, simply complete the subscription form.
Pro Mobile Display G2 new generation
Laster markets a second generation of the Pro Mobile Display. The mechanics of the product has been updated for this new generation. The product is lighter, smaller and more ergonomic
The french daily 'La Tribune' published an article on the 'smart glasses' Laster
The business newspaper 'La Tribune' published an article on Laster Technologies in connection with the marketing of our new model of glasses electronic 'Laster G1' :
'Laster Technologies développe la réalité augmentée au doigt et à l'oeil'
Press on Laster
In recent months, articles have been proliferating about Laster informative goggles in the general and specialized press : Ouest France, L'Usine Nouvelle, La Tribune, 01net, Sonovision, SVM,... We decided to gather all these articles in a convenient press release.
Press releases on Laster Technologies
Reporting in the broadcast on France 2 'Télématin' glasses informative Laster
Columnist Yann Lavoix presents LASTER’s products on the famous TV show 'Télematin' on the national TV Channel France 2. For 25 years, « Télématin » is the flagship show on television on the morning time period, it brings together nearly one in two viewers for an average audience of 1.4 million French people...
Télématin Report : The informative glasses in augmented reality
- 07/04/2010 Interview Zile Liu, CEO and co-founder of Laster at Radio BFM PostCast Issue BFM - The interview begins at 14 minute
Laster involved in the day dedicated to the augmented reality of the Echangeur Show Room.
Among 15 innovations, the Laster products met a great success and have been seen as the future of technology in augmented reality.
Even and Reporting
Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, French National Secretary to IT, wears Laster glasses
Laster is a partner of the famous Paris Gobelins School and develop a book project in augmented reality with a team of students. A demonstration was held in the school for the visit of the Secretary of State in charge of forecasting and development of the digital economy.
Installation of prototype "REVES" demonstration in the Paris high-tech platform "Echangeur"
The augmented reality demonstration REVES experienced at the Cité des Sciences is located for a period of 12 months in the Paris high tech platform “Echangeur”.
The Echangeur is a platform for interactive demonstration of the latest innovations located in the heart of Paris.
Winner of the French Tech Tour 2010, Laster meet the major players in Silicon Valley.
The French Tech Tour, organized by UBIFRANCE San Francisco, allows a dozen innovative French business leaders to meet international IT companies from Silicon Valley (from 4 to 11 June 2010). Each of the 15 winners were selected by the official partners of the French Tech Tour 2010 (Adobe, Apple, AT & T, Cisco, eBay, Fujitsu USA, Google, Intel Capital, Microsoft, Nokia USA, Qualcomm, Sony USA, Sprint, Symantec, Verizon ). Business meetings, conferences, networking, and exchanges with investment funds.
The project REVES was awarded the prize 'Science and Education' at Laval Virtual 2010.
Our prototype has awarded the prestigious Laval Virtual 2010 Award at the International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies at Laval (France) which are the first European meeting dedicated to virtual and augmented reality.
Website Laval Virtual Awards and Press
Laster partner international meetings Laval Virtual 2010.
Laster has present at the Laval Virtual 2011, from April 7th to 11th. The augmented reality REVES demonstration and LASTER lastest product were presented.
Laster has offered numerous AR demos to the public, like this new animation of a virtual character who enter in the real world. A playful glance that shows the potential of the Laster optical technologies (click on the picture to see the video).
Laster was also present at the stand of CLARTE (Centre for Research in virtual reality and augmented reality in Laval) who presented an augmented reality solution, developed in partnership with Laster, witch provide maintenance and operator training.
Click on the image to see video
Website Laval Virtual 2010
- 03/02/2010 New augmented reality glasses prototype : Laster G1. ADedicated to the professional market, this new model of sunglasses offers a fast and reliable solution while preserving the performance of the monocular model Pro Mobile Display.
Press release on the project REVES
A press kit is available to know more about the “REVES” project at the 'Cité des Sciences' (Click on the picture).
Laster at Maintenance Expo Exhibition.
From 2009, November 17th to 20th, Laster is present at Maintenance Expo (Paris Nord Villepinte) to present its augmented reality optical solutions for maintenance.
Exhibition Catalog Maintenance
'REVES' Project. Augmented Reality experience at the 'Cité des Sciences'
Since this week, the public of the Cité des Sciences at Paris has discovered an amazing Augmented Reality experience. A projected video of Earth globe was placed at the center of a semi-circular table. Visitors are placed around the table and wear Laster glasses which allows them to see the Earth globe and overlay of virtual satellites around the Earth. It is the first global consumer augmented reality experience with an optical see-through device.
- 07/08/2009 Opening ceremony for the exhibition Objective : Earth at the 'Cité des Sciences', the Villette Museum of Science Premiere of the enhanced 3D animation Observation of the Earth. LASTER Technologies, INRIA, Université Paris Descartes, DreamInReal, and Cité des Sciences, presented a preview of the augmented reality experience “Observe the Earth in 3D” at the inauguration of the permanent exhibition Explora, “Objective : Earth” at the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie de la Villette.
- 03/14/2009 Club Invest 77, SIRS and VIADUC invest in LASTER Technologies This investment is intended to consolidate the leading business position for LASTER Technologies in the aeronautic sector and accelerate production of dedicated products.
- 12/21/2008 The R&D team at LASTER Technologies announces the overall integration of EnhancedViewTM into digital eyewear frames. The success of this technology results from cooperation with a major eyewear manufacturer, and has opened a new channel for mass production of the informative eyewear.
- 06/30/2008 LASTER Technologies raises the first tranche of outside capital. LASTER Technologies raises significant funds which strengthen the company’s financial situation and allow the company to accelerate the development of its products.
LASTER Technologies successful in winning the RIAM (multimedia research innovation alliance) project.
The 'REVES' Project is designed to develop a tool to display an enhanced view application for museums. Laster and other four partners are working together on this ambitious project:
- Villette Museum of Science and Industries
- Université Paris VI
- Dream in Real design studio
- 06/07/2006 LASTER Technologies wins the "Creation and Development" award at the 8th National Business Startup Contest for High -and New- tech Enterprises. The company has received an award as well as financial support for its R&D programs for its top quality technological innovation from the Ministry of Research.
- 02/17/2005 LASTER Technologies has received the Business Excellence 2005 award. This distinction is awarded by the Senate to recognize the top 500 new enterprises of the year.
All images shown are for illustrations purposes only. Actual products appearance may differ from pictures.