- 23/05/2012 Laster at Siggraph 2012 Laster Technologies will be exhibiting at SIGGRAPH 2011 International, in the French pavilion of Cap Digital. It runs from August 5 to 9 in Los Angeles
- 22/05/2012 Laster in international exhibition Eurosatory Laster will be present from 11 to 15 June in Eurosatory international exhibition dedicated to land defense and security.
Eurosatory (Parc des Expositions of Paris Nord Villepinte, hall 5 N 45)
- 20/05/2012 D'Fusion Tutorial Laster is working on a tutorial to help computer programmers to develop augmented reality applications compatible with its optical systems and D'Fusion software (marketed by Total Immersion). This tutorial will be delivered with a sample project that illustrates parameters and methods exposed in the tutorial. The tutorial will be available in June.
- 09/05/2012 Laster partner of CEA meetings ISMAR 2012 Laster's augmented reality mask will be presented on the stand of the CEA during international meetings ISMAR 2012 (dedicated to augmented reality), which takes place from 5 to 8 November in Atlanta, USA.
- 28/04/2012 TV report on LCI about Laster A report on technology Laster is broadcast on the news channel LCI, show 'Plein écran' from 28 April 2012. 'Plein écran' is a weekly magazine run by Cedric Ingrand on the digital revolution that 'dissects the major current issues, present the objects of the future and new uses that will change our lives tomorrow'.
- 27/04/2012 Laster is expanding its international distribution network Two new partners have joined the distribution network of Laster: Engineering Systems Technologies for the marketing of our solutions in Germany (http://www.est-kl.com), and the company Bienetec (http://www.bienetec.es) located in Spain, Portugal and Mexico and soon in Latin America (Chile, Colombia and Argentina).
- 21/03/2012 Laster at Laval Virtual 2012 Laster will be at Laval Virtual International from March 28 to April 2. Our latest innovations will be introduced, including an innovative 3D tracking solution developed with CEA. This technology allows to detect and track objects in three dimensions, in real time. It is especially promising for applications that require 3D tracking of complex objects under various viewpoints (industrial maintenance for example). We will also introduce the 'AR-Desk' application, a prototype desk of the future. A first version of the “AR Desk”, adapted to architecture, will be introduced exclusively. It allows to display and interact with 2D/3D contents of the architect projects, in augmented reality. The user can also watch multimedia documents through virtual billboards.
Laval Virtual Exhibition: http://www.laval-virtual.org
The AR-Desk, the desk of the future
- 25/01/2012 Creation of a joint venture with a Chinese company Creation of a joint venture with Bluester Technology located in Shanghai area. This partnership will ease distribution of Laster products on Chinese territory, and will allow to co-produce customized solutions tailored to the Asian market.
- 06/12/2011 Presentation of innovations Laster meetings Cap Digital Laster extends its network of international distributors. Our solutions are now distributed in United States via our new partner 3D California.
- 08/11/2011 Laster at conference DSCC 2011 Laster is a partner of DSCC 2011 conference being held in Las Vegas on 'Innovation in life' and dedicated to the 3D virtual worlds and augmented reality (Dassault Systems Customer Conference - November 8-10).
New distributor in United States
Laster extends its network of international distributors. Our solutions are now distributed in United States via our new partner 3D California.
01/09/2011 LASTER Technologies, winner of 'PM'up' contest organized by the Region Ile de France The PM'up contest aims to support the development of innovative SMEs, job-creating, exporting and working for sustainable development. LASTER will be supported by the Region Ile de France, especially in terms of international development, investment and recruitment, thanks to the mobilization of recognized experts who will support the company development for the next three years.
First real augmented reality goggles with informative transparent glass
Laster introduces to the market the first real augmented reality goggles for profesionnal skiers and for professionals in industry who need a protective visor and hands-free informations with augmented reality applications. The LASTER MG1 easily displays additional information such as location data, contextual information, documentation, vidéos, 3D CAD objects, sensors data, in augmented reality on the natural field of vision of the user, like fighter pilots (altitude, speed, maps, visual alarms, hazardous areas, etc. ..). --
Movie : glasses and goggles augmented reality
The Chairman of the Ile de France Region is testing our AR goggles !
At the opening of the Village of Innovations in the 'Future en Seine 2011' festival, our booth was visited by Ms. Martine Aubry, Secretary of French Social Party (PS), and Mr. Jean-Paul Huchon, Chairman of Ile de France Region, which tested our augmented reality goggles.
Laster Technologies at the Innovation Village of 'Futur en Seine' International Festival
Laster Technologies has been selected to represent the 'Emerging Technologies in Daily Life' at the 'Futur en Seine' International Festival, the great innovation exhibition of Paris, which present the future of 'Life and digital creation'.
From June 23 to 26, Laster Technologies will exhibit at the Innovation Village located at the 'CentQuatre' (adress : 5, rue Curial / 104 rue d'Aubervilliers, 75019 Paris, métro Riquet, Crimée, Stalingrad).
'Futur en Seine' : http://www.futur-en-seine.fr
Interview : new products Laster
Interview with Thierry Penet, our Sales Director, who presents Laster’s latest products exposed to recent International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies at Laval, France (Interview conducted by Gregory Maubon co-founder of the blog « augmented-reality.fr » and the « Association de promotion de la réalité augmentée»).
Source : http://www.augmented-reality.fr/2011/05/laval-2011-interview-of-last-technologies
New premises, Laster is growing !
Laster Labs moved and settled in Les Ulis (Essonne, France) in new premises on 300 m2. The staff have been multiplied by 2 this past year. The new facility will allow us to expand and develop our development lab, to increase our production capacity, to welcome our new colleagues and receive our customers and partners in a showroom dedicated to Augmented Reality applications. Our new address : 7 avenue de l'Atlantique, ZA de Courtaboeuf, Building A, 2nd Floor, 91940 Les Ulis France.
New distributor in South Korea
Laster extends its network of international distributors. Our solutions are now distributed in South Korea via our new partner ITS Corporation.
- 10/04/2011 'Forget the standard screen, wear Laster glasses!‘ Two new articles were dedicated to the very promising potential of Laster augmented reality glasses. Read the daily newspaper Ouest-France especially the article about the13th International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies, and take a look on the online journal 'L’Atelier'.
Laster exhibits at the International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies 2011
Laster will be present at the International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies at Laval, France, from April 6th to 10th, 2011 (stand C8). New products will be presented exclusively as the latest model of the Pro Mobile Display, the prototype of SmartVision (binocular version), and the first ski mask with enhanced vision. Demonstrations of solutions for maintenance will also be presented. Laster will also present 'AR Tale', the first optical see through' Augmented Reality game developed in partnership with a team of students from the 'Ecole Supérieure de Création Interactive Numérique' (ESCIN).
- 14/02/2011 Laster prizewinner by IEEE Spectrum for the price of 'the most promising technology 2011' LASTER’s optical technology was nominated by the IEEE Spectrum magazine among the top five technological innovations in the world. IEEE Spectrum magazine is a publication of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), the largest technology trade association in the world. It brings together more than 400,000 members in 160 countries, organizes and co-host 1200 conferences per year, or, publishes nearly a third of the worldwide technical literature in electrical engineering, computers and electronics.
INITION distributes Laster's solutions
Laster Technologies has signed a distribution agreement with INITION. Based in London, INITION is the reference for content production, expertise and distribution of 3D hardware. INITION includes in his portfolio advanced technology of 3D and Augmented Reality. The London firm is working with all Majors in media, technology and industry (BBC, Microsoft, Philips,...). The Pro Mobile Display is already integrated the INITION 's catalog. Laster welcomes the agreement that expands its partners network on the European market and opens new synergies.
Pro Mobile Display (Inition's Catalog)
New edition of Laster's newsletter : 'NewsLaster'
Laster Technologies published a new edition of its newsletter devoted to augmented reality. The newsletter included an article on AR interfaces technologies, new applications, events, and recent news. To receive it, simply complete the subscription form.
Pro Mobile Display G2 new generation
Laster markets a second generation of the Pro Mobile Display. The mechanics of the product has been updated for this new generation. The product is lighter, smaller and more ergonomic
The french daily 'La Tribune' published an article on the 'smart glasses' Laster
The business newspaper 'La Tribune' published an article on Laster Technologies in connection with the marketing of our new model of glasses electronic 'Laster G1' :
'Laster Technologies développe la réalité augmentée au doigt et à l'oeil'
Press on Laster
In recent months, articles have been proliferating about Laster informative goggles in the general and specialized press : Ouest France, L'Usine Nouvelle, La Tribune, 01net, Sonovision, SVM,... We decided to gather all these articles in a convenient press release.
Press releases on Laster Technologies
Reporting in the broadcast on France 2 'Télématin' glasses informative Laster
Columnist Yann Lavoix presents LASTER’s products on the famous TV show 'Télematin' on the national TV Channel France 2. For 25 years, « Télématin » is the flagship show on television on the morning time period, it brings together nearly one in two viewers for an average audience of 1.4 million French people...
Télématin Report : The informative glasses in augmented reality
- 04/07/2010 Interview Zile Liu, CEO and co-founder of Laster at Radio BFM PostCast Issue BFM - The interview begins at 14 minute
Laster involved in the day dedicated to the augmented reality of the Echangeur Show Room.
Among 15 innovations, the Laster products met a great success and have been seen as the future of technology in augmented reality.
Even and Reporting
Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, French National Secretary to IT, wears Laster glasses
Laster is a partner of the famous Paris Gobelins School and develop a book project in augmented reality with a team of students. A demonstration was held in the school for the visit of the Secretary of State in charge of forecasting and development of the digital economy.
Installation of prototype "REVES" demonstration in the Paris high-tech platform "Echangeur"
The augmented reality demonstration REVES experienced at the Cité des Sciences is located for a period of 12 months in the Paris high tech platform “Echangeur”.
The Echangeur is a platform for interactive demonstration of the latest innovations located in the heart of Paris.
Winner of the French Tech Tour 2010, Laster meet the major players in Silicon Valley.
The French Tech Tour, organized by UBIFRANCE San Francisco, allows a dozen innovative French business leaders to meet international IT companies from Silicon Valley (from 4 to 11 June 2010). Each of the 15 winners were selected by the official partners of the French Tech Tour 2010 (Adobe, Apple, AT & T, Cisco, eBay, Fujitsu USA, Google, Intel Capital, Microsoft, Nokia USA, Qualcomm, Sony USA, Sprint, Symantec, Verizon ). Business meetings, conferences, networking, and exchanges with investment funds.
The project REVES was awarded the prize 'Science and Education' at Laval Virtual 2010.
Our prototype has awarded the prestigious Laval Virtual 2010 Award at the International Conference & Exhibition on Virtual Reality and Converging Technologies at Laval (France) which are the first European meeting dedicated to virtual and augmented reality.
Website Laval Virtual Awards and Press
Laster partner international meetings Laval Virtual 2010.
Laster has present at the Laval Virtual 2011, from April 7th to 11th. The augmented reality REVES demonstration and LASTER lastest product were presented.
Laster has offered numerous AR demos to the public, like this new animation of a virtual character who enter in the real world. A playful glance that shows the potential of the Laster optical technologies (click on the picture to see the video).
Laster was also present at the stand of CLARTE (Centre for Research in virtual reality and augmented reality in Laval) who presented an augmented reality solution, developed in partnership with Laster, witch provide maintenance and operator training.
Click on the image to see video
Website Laval Virtual 2010
- 02/03/2010 New augmented reality glasses prototype : Laster G1. ADedicated to the professional market, this new model of sunglasses offers a fast and reliable solution while preserving the performance of the monocular model Pro Mobile Display.
Press release on the project REVES
A press kit is available to know more about the “REVES” project at the 'Cité des Sciences' (Click on the picture).
Laster at Maintenance Expo Exhibition.
From 2009, November 17th to 20th, Laster is present at Maintenance Expo (Paris Nord Villepinte) to present its augmented reality optical solutions for maintenance.
Exhibition Catalog Maintenance
'REVES' Project. Augmented Reality experience at the 'Cité des Sciences'
Since this week, the public of the Cité des Sciences at Paris has discovered an amazing Augmented Reality experience. A projected video of Earth globe was placed at the center of a semi-circular table. Visitors are placed around the table and wear Laster glasses which allows them to see the Earth globe and overlay of virtual satellites around the Earth. It is the first global consumer augmented reality experience with an optical see-through device.
- 08/07/2009 Opening ceremony for the exhibition Objective : Earth at the 'Cité des Sciences', the Villette Museum of Science Premiere of the enhanced 3D animation Observation of the Earth. LASTER Technologies, INRIA, Université Paris Descartes, DreamInReal, and Cité des Sciences, presented a preview of the augmented reality experience “Observe the Earth in 3D” at the inauguration of the permanent exhibition Explora, “Objective : Earth” at the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie de la Villette.
- 14/03/2009 Club Invest 77, SIRS and VIADUC invest in LASTER Technologies This investment is intended to consolidate the leading business position for LASTER Technologies in the aeronautic sector and accelerate production of dedicated products.
- 21/12/2008 The R&D team at LASTER Technologies announces the overall integration of EnhancedViewTM into digital eyewear frames. The success of this technology results from cooperation with a major eyewear manufacturer, and has opened a new channel for mass production of the informative eyewear.
- 30/06/2008 LASTER Technologies raises the first tranche of outside capital. LASTER Technologies raises significant funds which strengthen the company’s financial situation and allow the company to accelerate the development of its products.
LASTER Technologies successful in winning the RIAM (multimedia research innovation alliance) project.
The 'REVES' Project is designed to develop a tool to display an enhanced view application for museums. Laster and other four partners are working together on this ambitious project:
- Villette Museum of Science and Industries
- Université Paris VI
- Dream in Real design studio
- 07/06/2006 LASTER Technologies wins the "Creation and Development" award at the 8th National Business Startup Contest for High -and New- tech Enterprises. The company has received an award as well as financial support for its R&D programs for its top quality technological innovation from the Ministry of Research.
- 17/02/2005 LASTER Technologies has received the Business Excellence 2005 award. This distinction is awarded by the Senate to recognize the top 500 new enterprises of the year.
All images shown are for illustrations purposes only. Actual products appearance may differ from pictures.